Instagram

Friday, March 18, 2016

Paris Vacation Itinerary - Part 2

Itinerary: Paris (Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bys9H9hPgFspMVZaNGZPdUYxbE0)

It was a long walked yesterday from L'Arc de Triomphe de l'Etoille to Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Paris. Day 2 in Paris was coming. I woke up early to catch a train to Chateau de Versailles. It was another lucky day for me. Due to the COP21 Climate Change Conference in Paris, all the public transportation are free for two days. The fastest way is to take RER C towards and exit at Versailles - Rive Gauche C5 on Maps. This exit is located at Zone 4 and therefore, if you have a Paris Pass metro ticket, you have to buy a separate ticket to get there. For information regarding the Paris public transportation, I use ParisbyTrain site and it helped me a lot. For detailed on how to go to Chateau du Versailles via RER C, you can check this site


Chateau de Versailles


I reserved the ticket online and it costs me €18.00. You can also book the metro tickets with it but I planned to buy it while I was in Paris and it is free for me during my visit. As I arrived at the Versailles-Rive Gauche station, turn right as I exited the station and walked towards Avenue de Paris, then turned left and walk straight all the way. You will see the Chateau de Versailles square from there.    



I arrived around 8 AM and there had already had a long line. I heard that the day I went was not as bad as the other time due to the Paris Attack Incident. At 9 AM, the entrance opened and everyone started to go in. You will go thru the security and check the ticket. Then, the worker inside will ask what language for the audio-guide. There are a total of 10-available language audio-guide: English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, Korean, Russian, and Italian.

Entrance to the Chateau de Versailles (Copyright @ BruisedPassports)


After I finished walking all around the palace, I exit and walked toward the garden. The garden was huge with amazing view. I only walked in the middle towards the Grand Canal and back and around the Bassin du Dragon.

Bassin de la Pyramide
Statue around the Bassin du Nord and Bassin du Midi
Escaliers de Latone

Statue around the Bassin du Nord and Bassin du Midi
Le Char d'Apollon

Eiffel Tower


From Chateau de Versailles, I went back to the hotel, grabbed my luggage, and checked-in at another hotel. I just stayed in my room until dinner time and went to Eiffel tower to see its beauty and grabbed some quick food. That day was the first day of COP21 Climate Change Conference. Therefore, the lights at the Eiffel Tower was changed to darker color with a story around the electricity, water, lightning, etc.





No comments:

Post a Comment