Instagram

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Paris Vacation Itinerary - Part 3

Itinerary: Paris (Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bys9H9hPgFspMVZaNGZPdUYxbE0)

The Tower of Notre-Dame


I woke up early and had breakfast at the hotel before I went to my next destination, Notre-Dame Cathedral. This time, I was planning to go up to the tower. This attraction is one of the most popular in Paris. Therefore, I needed to go early. Based on my research, it is recommended to go there at least 40 minutes before the opening hours. The attraction opens at 10 AM. 

For your information that the entrance to the Notre-Dame Cathedral and the Tower of the Notre-Dame is not the same. It is free to enter the Notre-Dame Cathedral but not the Tower of the Notre-Dame. The fee is 8.50 for adult. The entrance to the Tower of the Notre-Dame is located at the left of the building. 



When I arrived which is about 40 minutes before the opening times, I was the third person in line. Until the opening times, there was probably only about 10-15 people in line. This was because the day I visited was about two weeks after the Paris Attacks Incident and therefore, lots of people were canceling their trip to Paris. At 9:50 AM, one of the staffs let us know that the highest point was closed. The highest we could go was the Chimera gallery. At 10 AM, we were allowed to go in. People who did not have the ticket can buy it at the ticket and information center. 

Stairs to the Top of the Tower

Eiffel Tower from the Tower of Notre-Dame
St.Severin -St. Nicholas Church from the Tower of Notre-Dame
Montparnasse Tower from the Tower of Notre-Dame
Sacre-Coeur Cathedral from the Tower of Notre-Dame
Arche de la Defense from the Tower of Notre-Dame
 

Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Paris


After I exit the Tower of the Notre-Dame, I went to the Notre-Dame Cathedral. There was a line of probably 30 people waiting to get in to the cathedral. There was a security measure before everyone got inside and they checked the coat and any carry-on. I heard that this line was not bad at all compare to the normal time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment