Instagram

Monday, April 11, 2016

Paris Vacation Itinerary - Part 5

Itinerary: Paris (Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bys9H9hPgFspMVZaNGZPdUYxbE0)

Eiffel Tower 


My vacation in Europe was almost over and that day was my forth day in Paris. The tour started with Eiffel Tower as I stayed near the area. I had seen the Eiffel Tower closely during the night the last two days. Therefore, I would like to see it during the day time. I did not go up since I went to the Montparnasse tower the day before and I could see Paris better from there. 

The Eiffel Tower is open everyday from 9 a.m. to midnight from mid-June to early September, from 9:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. during the rest of the year, At Easter weekend and during the Spring holidays : extended opening hours to midnight.

Basilique du Sacre Couer from Pont d'Lena
 

Gallery Lafayette


I scheduled my trip today mainly for shopping. I shopped mainly at Gallery Lafayette and in there, you can directly request for your tax refund in cash as there is a Global Blue office inside the shopping center. The shopping center is divided into two building, one building is mainly for men style and the other building is for women style. The customer service and Global Blue office are located at the women side. While I was walking to the Galeries Lafayette, I saw several people on top of the roof with cameras. I realized that there is a terrace on the 7th floor that anyone can go with a spectacular view of Paris. The terrace is open from 9:30 AM to 7:30 PM.

 

Copyright @ Galeries Lafayette
Copyright @ Galeries Lafayette
Copyright @ Galeries Lafayette
  

Place de Vendome


Another popular place to shop but mostly high end or designer & branded stores is Place de Vendome. Since I shopped mostly at Galeries Lafayette, I only did window shopping here. Near the area, there is one popular bakery and I recommend people to try it. The bakery is called Eric Kayser. You can find macarons, cakes, sandwiches, bread, pudding, etc. I tried the cakes and it was amazing. 


 

Place de la Republique


As that day was my last night in Paris, I went to Place de la Republique to pay a respect to the victims of the Paris attacks two weeks before my arrivals. 



No comments:

Post a Comment