Instagram

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

West Europe Trip - Frankfurt International Airport Guide


I had to change my itinerary due to the 24 hours flight delay from JFK to FRA. I had to skip Dusseldorf and directly went to Amsterdam. I arrived in FRA around 6 AM and went thru the custom. The custom asked my return flight ticket, train tickets, and hotel reservations. After went thru the custom, I went to get a cash from Deutsche Bank ATM machine. There are ATM machines everywhere around the airport. Then, I picked up my luggage (two 28 inches and one 20 inches luggage). This process took approximately 45 minutes. 

Frankfurt International Airport Map
Deutsche Bank ATM
From the baggage claim, I went to baggage storage to store my two 28 inches luggage. The baggage storage located at B concourse, level 1 and open 24 hours. The cost to store the luggage was €7/day for 28 inches luggage. For this trip, I only bring 20 inches luggage with me


24 hours Luggage Storage @ Frankfurt International Airport
From the baggage storage, I went down and got a new ticket at Bahn ticket office. Note: I should go to level 2 (Departure) and there is a bridge that connects the terminal to ICE train station. From level 0, it is a little bit confusing to go ICE train station. Either ways work though. I decided to transit 3 hours in Cologne on the way to Amsterdam. I had to throw away the ticket that I had already bought due to the flight delay. It is recommended to buy early though. It costs around €19 to €39 instead of normal price of €122. For the detailed information regarding online ICE Bahn ticket, check this link. 

It was very easy to buy the ticket there. I just told them that I would like to go to Amsterdam but made a stopover in Cologne and the ticket agent explained the train schedule that I could take from Frankfurt to Amsterdam. For normal price ticket, I could take any trains that I wanted and not restricted to a specific train that specified on the ticket like an online saver fare ticket.

From the Bahn ticket office, I went up to LEVEL 2 and went thru the bridge that connected the airport terminal to ICE train terminal. Then, I went down to the ICE platform. 


ICE Bahn Train Ticket
The Bridge between the airport terminal and ICE train station
The Bridge between the airport terminal and ICE train station

ICE Train Station
Level 2 ICE Train Station (Copyright @ decktours)
ICE Train Station Platform


No comments:

Post a Comment