Instagram

Saturday, February 6, 2016

One Night in Amsterdam - Netherlands (Day 2)


Itinerary: Amsterdam (Linkhttps://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bys9H9hPgFspekpHdDk3LTZZT3c)

I planned to wake up at 6 AM on my second day in Amsterdam but I woke up at 11 AM instead because I was still jetlag. I was so mad and I had to take a train around 2 PM to Antwerp, Belgium. I still had a list of places that I would like to go and I had only 3 hours left. As a platinum member, luckily I had a late check-out until 2 PM. After I took a shower, I quickly took a tram with the same ticket that I bought yesterday to Rijksmuseum again. Initially, I planned to take a boat and go to Eyefilm Institute, took a picture of phython bridge and Brouwerij't IJ to see the windmill.


Eye Film Institute


To get here, you have to walk to Amsterdam Centraal and take a ferry from Veer Centraal Station to Veer Buiksloterweg. The ferry is running by GVB and it is free. This place is a museum in which you can find a huge collection of Dutch and foreign movies and posters. For the ticket information, check this link.

 

Python Bridge


To get here, take Tram 26 from Centraal Station to Rietlandpark (3 stops). The bridge is very artistic. This bridge can be seen in one of the episodes of Face Off TV Show.

Python Bridge Amsterdam (Copyright @ PrettyArchitecture)

Brouwerij't IJ


To get here, take Tram 9 to Alexanderplein or Bus 22 to Oostenburgergracht and walk to the place. This is one of the windmill in Amsterdam. This place is a modern brewery next to a windmill producing organic blonde and dark beers.


Brouwerij't IJ (Copyright @ That Dam Guide)
 

Rijksmuseum


From the hotel, I directly went to Rijksmuseum by tram. Take tram 2 or 5 from Nieuwezijds Kolk to Rijksmeseum (7 stops). It was still raining all day long.




Keizergracht


From Rijksmuseum, I took tram 2 or 5 to Keizergracht to take a quick picture before headed to Dam Square.




Dam Square


From Rijksmuseum, I took tram 2 or 5 to Dam Square.

Magna Plaza
Koninklijk Paleis
Koninklijk Paleis & De Nieuwe Kerk
 
From Dam Square, I walked back to the hotel and picked up my luggage to take a thalys train to Bruges, Belgium via Antwerp, Belgium.

No comments:

Post a Comment