Instagram

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Ghent Marriott Hotel - Review


Ghent Marriott Hotel located in Korenlei, in the middle of the major attractions in Ghent. As a platinum elite, I requested the General Manager, Roger Langhout, for an upgrade with a view of the canal. When I arrived at this hotel, the receptionist, Jordi Smit also the Front Office Manager, welcomed me to the hotel and the city of Ghent. Normally, the dress code of most receptionist in a hotel is a formal shirt and pants and most of the time with a suit. It was different during my visit at this hotel. Most of the them wore a polo shirt with a short. I found that this was interesting and it is actually cool. 

Jordi asked me if I want to have a 500 point or choices of snacks and drink. I chose the snacks and drink. He then gave me the key and information regarding the platinum benefit. He also gave me the city map and a voucher for breakfast. As a platinum, you can get a free continental breakfast. You can also choose a full American breakfast buffet for extra €10.00. Also, a free Hors-d'oeuvre per stay and a discount of €5.00 for every day stay in the hotel. 


The room that I had was located at the 3rd floor with a Graslei Canal view.  I was upgraded to a suite room with a view from the General Manager. The bedroom was amazing and I found it unique since it was located at the roof of the building. From the Korenlei entrance, you would see a black roof with a window, that was where my room located at. The bed was comfortable and clean. The same with the bathroom. I saw there was a letter from the General Manager, couple chocolates, and a Daskalides Belgium chocolate box. His letter was regarding the upgrade me and welcome me to the hotel. It was very nice of him. 




Later, one of the waitress, Elizabeth bring the snacks and drink plus a bowl of fruit to the room. It was so nice of her and from the hotel. The service was amazing. She also asked me if I needed anything else.  During the night time, there was someone coming to check the water and If I needed anything. The hotel itself was very busy during my visit since they had a company event at their hotel. At night, I could see an amazing view of medieval Ghent from my room and also, took a couple pictures.  

The next day during my checked out, I returned the breakfast voucher and requested points instead as the restaurant had not opened yet. I left early for Brussels as I had finished most of the attractions in the area. I also asked him where I could buy the tram ticket, I wonder if they sold it in the hotel too. He then explained it to me how to buy it. It was very nice of him.  

I would like to thank the General Manager for the upgrade, it was an awesome room with an amazing view, the receptionist, and others who serviced and welcomed me during my stay.I would absolutely recommend other people to stay here, amazing location, service, and comfortable stay.

 


1 comment: