Instagram

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Winter Festival in Brussels - Belgium

Itinerary: Brussels (Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bys9H9hPgFspQTc4RGVCVFRuSUU)



The winter fun festival was occurred from November 27, 2015 to March 1, 2016. I was so lucky that I arrived on November 27, 2015 and could celebrate the fest. Also, I was lucky that they opened the city from the lock-down the day after I arrived. Part of the fest just located in front of the hotel I stayed, Marriott Hotel. I saw that lots of people were getting ready to open their stands during day time. Lots of military soldiers were there for security and they were tighten the security by putting a fence around the fest and check everyone belongings before entered the fest. 

Couples soldiers in front of the concession stands early morning on November 27


The Marriott hotel located at #3 at the map. The building in front of the hotel is the Brussels Stock Exchange and it was #2 at the map.



#1 in the map is the Grand Place. There was a lighting show with music during the fest and it was beautiful.

 
 

#11 in the map is the La Monnaie de Munt. There was an iceskating ring in front of the theater. 


#5 in the map is the Sainte-Catherine Sint-Katelijnekerk. There was an Electrabel Night, the magic factory video mapping show that lasted for 5 minutes or so



The largest concessions located near the ferris wheel # 10 in the map, Marche aux Poissons Vismet.




1 comment:

  1. Brilliant post! I recently got my Belgium visa UK after taking the help of a trusted consultancy. Since then, I have been searching for some informative articles that give suggestions on places to visit and things to do in Belgium. That is when one of my friends shared your blog. I will be taking some suggestions from your blog to curate a nice short travel itinerary that will help me to experience the best of Belgium.

    ReplyDelete