Instagram

Friday, February 5, 2016

One Night in Amsterdam - Netherlands (Day 1)


Itinerary: Amsterdam (Linkhttps://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bys9H9hPgFspekpHdDk3LTZZT3c)


From Cologne, Germany, I took an ICE train to Amsterdam, Netherlands. It took approximately 2hours 40mins with a direct train. I left around 12PM from Cologne and it supposedly arrived around 3PM. However, there was broken rail somewhere on the way. As a result, the train had to take alternative track and it took longer to Amsterdam. Due to the issue, they give away one free drink for all passengers at the train's cafe. I arrived around 5 PM. The map that I used was maps.me and it was very helpful. Also, there are lots of attractions maps online for Amsterdam. The one that I liked was from orangemile website. You can also download in this link.
 
Major Attractions Map of Amsterdam (Copyright @ Orangemile)

I stayed in Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Center. The hotel is located at Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal road. It is very closed to the Amsterdam Centraal about 5 mins walk and closed to a tram stop, Nieuwezijds Kolk. From my experience on my stay, it is recommended. Please check my review of the hotel here

Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Center Front Road
I bought a 24-hour public transportation ticket from the hotel. It costs €7.50. The ticket expired 24 hours after the first time you used it. If you used it at 7PM, the ticket will expire the next day at 7PM. It was very convenience to use the tram in Amsterdam. There are also 48-, 72-, 96-, 120,- 144-, and 168- hour ticket. The list of the prices can be found here. It is very important to tap-in the ticket when you enter the tram, bus, or metro and tap-out when you get off. For the major attractions in Amsterdam, it was possible with bus and tram.

24-hour Public Transportation Ticket in Amsterdam
Tap-In and Tap-Out Machine
Inside Tram in Amsterdam (Copyright @ Crinisus)
Tram in Amsterdam

Multatuli Statue - Torensluis Bridge


During my stay in Amsterdam, I used both the map that I got from the hotel and maps.me apps from the phone as I did not have a local sim card for my phone. From the hotel, I walked to the Torensluis Bridge which about 8 mins. 

Multatuli Statue at Torensluis Bridge

Westerkerk 


From Torensluis Bridge, I walked towards Prinsengracht road about 7 mins. From this road, you can see Westerkerk. Westerkerk is a church located in Prinsengracht. Lots of tourists take a picture in this area. 

 

Anne Frank House


As I arrived late in Amsterdam, I did not have a chance to go to one of the most popular destination in Amsterdam, the Anne Frank House. Anne Frank House is a museum based on the history in which Anne Frank lived in hiding with her family during World War II for 2 years. There are a total of 8 people hide here but their hiding place was found by official due to betrayer. As a result, the people in hiding were deported to concentration camps. Otto Frank, Anne Frank's father was the only survival.This house is located close to Westerkerk. The ticket to the museum costs € 9.50.    
 

Bloemenmarkt


From Westerkerk, walk to Westerker tram stop and take tram 14 to Muntplein (3 stops). Bloemenmarkt is a floating flower market.


Rijksmuseum


From Bloemenmarkt, I took a tram from Koningplein to Rijksmuseum (4 stops). One thing not to miss in here is to take a picture with "I AMSTERDAM" sign. 

 

 

Stedelijk & Van Gogh Museum


From Rijskmuseum, I walked to Stedelijk and Van Gogh Museum. Since it is late already, I only walked in front of both the museum. Near this two museum, I walked all the way to Concertgebouw, a concert hall in Amsterdam.


Van Gogh Museum
Stedelijk Museum
Concertgebouw

Restaurant Kartika


As I missed Indonesian food and there were lots of Indonesian food in Amsterdam, I have my dinner at restaurant Kartika. I would rate the food 3 out of 5.

Gado-gado and Perkedel Jagung


Nieuwespiegelstraat & Keizersgracht


After the dinner, I walked to capture night pictures of the Amsterdam's canal. Two popular road to take the picture are Nieuwespiegelstraat and Keizergracht.



Amsterdam Centraal


From Kaizergracht, I took Tram 4 to Amsterdam Centraal just to take night pictures.





Dam Square & Koninklijk Paleis


From Amsterdam Centraal, I walked to Dam Square thru Damrak road and took more pictures before heading back to the hotel. I got to the hotek around 12 PM and I wanted to sleep as I wanted to wake up early to visit more attractions in the morning.



Koninklijk Paleis


No comments:

Post a Comment