Instagram

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

3 Days 2 Night in Gangwon-do - II

Two Weeks Vacation in South Korea - Part XIII


Part XII: Two Weeks Vacation in South Korea - Part XII
Part XIII: Two Weeks Vacation in South Korea - Part XIII
Part XIV: Two Weeks Vacation in South Korea - Part XIV

Itinerary to South Korea 

Day 13: Sokcho


Jeongdongjin Beach


We drove to Jeongdongjin Beach from the hotel. It was not a beach season yet so that no one was there. However, the view was amazing. I just took a quick picture and head out to Jeongdongjin Station. 

Phone Number: +82-33-640-4533
Fee: Free


 

Jeongdongjin Station


This station is the only station that closest to the beach in South Korea. This station was popular from the drama and variety show. 2 days 1 night season 2  episode 19 was filming in this station. 

Phone Number: +82-33-640-4533
Fee: 500 won/person 

 

Naksansa Temple


From Jeongdongjin station, we took Donghae Expressway to Sokcho. When I entered the Expressway, I went to the wrong line and did not pickup the ticket. I stopped and wanted to pickup the ticket. One lady went out with a megaphone and shouted at me to continue the drive and not walk to pickup the ticket. I thought I had already gotten a ticket but when I exited the Expressway, I told the lady that I forgot to pick up the ticket. She asked where the entrance and call them to confirm it. I just paid whatever the fee was. The first stop at Sokcho was Naksansa Temple. At the top of the Naksan Mountain, the statue of Haesugwaneumsang (Goddess of Mercy) is located. This statue is 15 meters high on a 2.8 meters high pedestal. 

Phone Number: +82-33-672-2447~8
Fee: 3,000 won/person
 

Abai Village


During the lunch time, we went to Abai Village to eat the Abai sundae and Hamheung Naengmyeon, the two popular dishes of the village. In this location, the popular drama "Autumn in My Heart" was filming which was starring Song Seung Heun, Won Bin, and Song Hye Kyo. The variety show, 2 days 1 night season 1 Episode 137 was also filming in this location. 

Phone Number: +82-33-633-3171



From Abai Village, we went to Seoraksan but unfortunately, they had issue with the gondola and closed. It will be on my bucket lists for future visit.

Phone Number: +82-33-636-7700

Hanhwa Resort Seorak Sorano



We then drove back to our hotel. We stayed at Hanhwa Resort Resort Sorano for one night. I would recommend to stay at this place. I love it very much. I could not visit the Seoraksan but this resort made up for it. I wrote a section for this resort since there are lots to cover. I rated this hotel 5/5.

Phone Number: +82-2-729-5936

The view of Seoraksan from the resort
Continue Part XIV: Two Weeks Vacation in South Korea - Part XIV

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nicole here. Again. I wish you could drop me an email on my previous inquiry. Thanks. adelaidegracey@gmail.com

    Many thanks :)

    ReplyDelete